Friday, November 30, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - And the winner is...

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Another busy week has flown buy and now we find ourselves at the end of November.  Yikes!  I spent a good deal of last weekend's holiday weaving and preparing spinning batts for The Hobbit Batt Club that I am hosting.  The recipients who signed up will be getting the first month's installment after I ship them tomorrow.

I finished weaving another scarf.  I do love weaving with my handspun.

I also finished a yarn from my Thor Batt which was part of my Avengers Batt Club.  I still have Captain America, Hulk and Iron Man left in my shop.  Grumpy has claimed this yarn for a woven scarf I must make him.  Next weekend is the Buy Local Art Fair that I will be vending at so after I get done with that show, I shall warp the loom for a Grumpy Thor scarf.

Finally, I must announce who the winner of the Accessories: Autumne 2012 Collection.  Using the "draw a name out of the hat" method, Vallieskids won the pattern collection.  I have given the pattern writer, Denise, your information so she can forward you the collection.  Thank you to everyone who commented.

Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts!

Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


20 comments:

  1. So I didn't win. :( Better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squealllss!! I was just excited at the mention of shipping on The Hobbit club! Yay, happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why Grumpy wants something made from your wonderful new yarn!! XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your woven scarf is just GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. You will love this link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axwZUXKxAiY&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  6. That batt is oh-so-pretty! If I didn't already have 3 or 4 waiting to be spun it'd be coming to my house, LOL Your weaving is looking great. That's a super nice scarf. Good luck with the ArtFair. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that scarf! Nice blend of natural and color. You make me want to learn how to weave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love that bat, it'll make a great scarf. And your weaving is really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is great!!
    My craft goal for next year is to learn how to weave.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing your weaving, especially with your handspun, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an accomplished weaver you are! A beautiful scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A treasure trove of delightful, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful scarves, both the woven and the knitted ones!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy FaF -- have I mentioned lately that I really need to learn how to finish putting my Cricket together and get it warped?? I swear it mocks me daily now...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome scarf! Looking forward to the Thor scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The yarn from your Thor batt looks wonderful, your Grumpy sure has an eye for good stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work, you must have been busy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that flash of yellow/gold in the woven scarf. It's just the right amount!

    ReplyDelete