Friday, November 16, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Weaving Time

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  This week's post will be short because I stayed up late last night helping at the Weaver's Guild of Kalamazoo WAFA Sale.  I have a bunch of my handspun yarn in this sale and find that the hardest part about spending the evening volunteering at the sale is that I want to spend money buying everything.

Over the last couple of weeks, I finished the following two cowls which will be for sale at the Buy Local Show in December.  I won't be putting them in my Etsy Shop of Wonder in hopes that they find a home locally.

This first one is called Riddles in the Dark:  What's Black, White and "Red"  all over?  It's made out of alpaca (black), cotton (red) and acrylic (white)

This second cowl is called Mordor. It's made out of Alpaca and Metallic Nylon.
I have another one that should be finished in another day or so then it will be back to scarves.  I've been test knitting a fingerless mitt pattern for a fellow Rav friend but found some issues so once I can fix my knitting now that she's fixed the pattern, I will share those.

What Fiber Arts Adventures have you had this week?
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


23 comments:

  1. I really enjoy it when you have weaving on your blog. The black, red and white cowl look particularly pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!! So great I can't even pick a favorite, I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your cowls, so beautiful. Wish I was local to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I'll be checking out the shop this weekend for my shawl...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for a great sale this weekend. Sounds like great fun. Your weaving is beautiful. What a thrill it would be for you to run into someone wearing one of your pieces. Happy Fiber Arts Friday from skunk central :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your cowls are absolutely divine, I adore them both. I looked at the for a while to decide which I like more, but I can't decide they are amazing!
    Thanks for hosting.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is it possible that it's Friday again already? I haven't finished reading everyone's posts from last week.

    Happy Friday, y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Riddles in the Dark" is my fave. Such a clever name too.
    I also wish I could see all of your lovely creations in person.

    Hope the sale goes well!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cowls are great, but I especially love Mordor - gotta love alpaca with a little bling. :)

    Have a good weekend, and buy great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the weaving! My linky doesn't seem to be taking toay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! My favorite is the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cowls look great, I'm sure they will find homes fast

    ReplyDelete
  13. always a joy to see your handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that Mordor cowl. It's the sort of thing I wish I could carry off, but can't quite do. I'd be futzing with it all day to adjust it! AND ... it's absolutely gorgeous. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And now all you need to go with your Mordor cowl is a matching dachshund. I don't know how to publish a photo in comments, so look at the link. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74qf9dHEj1qb31i5o1_500.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lot of pretty green grass for November!

    As always, stunning weaving ... Despite my love of all things red, I think I actually like the more subtle one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cowls! I especially like the red/black/white one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have been productive! (well, what else is new ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your weaving campaign has won me over - I bought a 15 inch Cricket last week at my LYS, and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.
    Have a great show! Those two cowls should have no problem finding a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mordor is awesome, Andrea!!
    (and what a great name, too!!) :) XO-

    ReplyDelete
  21. A custom order, wool wall hanging, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by my blog..I do enjoy visiting your as well!

    from TracyAnn at www.crochethappy.com and http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com

    ReplyDelete