Friday, December 21, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday - Knitted Gifts

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!
Twas the Friday before Christmas all throughout the land, 
Knitters where knitting ignoring cramps in their hands.  
Stockings still needed a an afterthought heel
Shawl needed blocked, who cares about cooking a meal

Weavers frantically hemstitching at the loom
Nobody caring about the Mayan Day of Doom
Fiber Artists unite, we understand the fear
of finishing the gifts as Christmas morning nears

Yeah, we had all year to make these gifts
but...hey, why am I writing a poem when I should be knitting?

This week I gifted a couple of my knitted items.  One of the nurses I work with whom I really adore is a major Detroit Lions Fan.  She has a ratty Lion's hat that she loves and I just can't handle seeing.  One day she commented on how cute my hats were so I said, "Would you like one eventually?" and of course she said yes.  Little did she know that I was already on the hunt for the perfect Blue yarn.  I already knew that my Whirlwind Gray Suri Alpaca Fiber would be the Gray.

I used the Journey Hat pattern and...two days later the Detroit Lions had a win.  After a very long and stressful afternoon of work she asked me if there was anything else I wanted to throw at her and I replied that indeed I did have one more item.  I went to my desk and got the hat then told her to close her eyes.  When she opened them she lit right up.  She loved her hat!  Hooray!

Next, I made a couple more Snowball Buddies Ornaments in the Bunny form by the request from my bears so they could give them to their Dyslexia tutors.  Each child wrote a nice card to the tutor along with my knitted ornament and a bar of the goat milk soap we make here on the farm.  I hope our little gift shows a wee bit of the appreciation we feel for all the help they give both kids.

Now...share your adventures in Fiber Arts!  Enjoy your Christmas and here's wishing for a stocking full of fibery goodness.

Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem! I know the feeling all too well ;) That hat is beautiful, the colours complement each other perfectly. And your bunnies are just too adorable! Merry Christmas to you and your family, may you have a joyous holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem cracked me up! The bunnies are so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop looking at those bunnies! They are beyond cute!

    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat. Bunnies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ornaments are so freaking cute!! Love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute snowbunnies and nice poem. My hands are aching from too much knitting.

    Your friend was right to love the hat; very sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hat suits her perfectly. Very thoughtful of you!
    Also very sweet of the kids to write a note and request a little gift for their tutors. My nephew thinks his tutor is some sort of terrible ogre, so I can't imagine he'll be so considerate :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the poem. Your friend looks very happy about her new hat... but honestly, anyone in their right mind would. :-)

    The bunnies and notes are perfect gifts for tutors.

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ornaments are adorable.
    Perfect poem for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. O.M.G. -- those ornaments are adorable!!!! Happy FaF and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your gifts are so nice! I bet the tutors are really pleased with the notes and your hand made ornaments and soaps (I know I sure would!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice timing on the wonderful gifted hat and the poem! I like how the hat also coordinates well with her lanyard color. She can wear it at work (if they let you wear hats) and be totally fashionable. :)

    Those bunnies are too twee adorable!!!!! What a great gift; I have no doubt the tutors are pleased. Good on the bears. You and Grumpy have taught them well. A pretty good holiday gift to you both, no?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a lovely hat, just right! I hope she appreciates it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The hat is lovely, sounds like a great way to cheer her up. The bunnies are adorable

    ReplyDelete