Friday, February 8, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday - Love, Love Actually

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Knit, Spin, Sew, Weave, Crochet...Yarn! Yarn! Yarn!  Have any of these words entered your vocabulary this week?  You know that they have with me.  Last Friday I cast on The Love Socks.  All over Facebook and Ravelry, I saw the adorable striped socks with the sassy heart heel and knew I must knit them.  Of course, I changed it up a wee bit.

I am using Studio June Sock Yarn from her 2011 Sock Club.  Yes, I have a sock obsession and I'm not afraid to admit it.  I was buying sock yarn long before I was knitting socks and now I am finally starting to put a dent in my bin of sock yarn.  Since I picked such a colorful yarn to knit with, I decided to ignore the stripes.  I am very pleased with how this sock is turning out and hopefully by Sunday I will be casting on it's mate.

Yes, I actually knit a swatch
Tournament 7 has started with Nerd Wars and I am, again, on Team Precious.  I have decided to knit The Water's Edge Shawl written by my friend Kelly Jensen.  I love her patterns!  I am using my handspun yarn as the main color and Madelinetosh as the secondary color.  This will be the first time I've knitted with Madelinetosh.  I want to see what all of the fuss is about the yarn.  Now the trick of this shawl is that I have to M1R and M1L (Make one Right/Make one Left) which has caused me much fuss in the past.  I'm ready to beat the darn "make one" until I get it into my head ;-)

I've also been spinning up some lovely yarn.  I've dyed some new fibers that I have in my Etsy Shop of Wonder.  I have this Merino/Bamboo/Nylon blend that I've been spinning up which has been a lot of fun.






I also have been spinning 100% Cormo.   It's the first time I've ever spun Cormo.  My friend Char owns Corm 24-7 and I finally got some of my roving to spin.  It is lovely.  I'm on the second bobbin so so I shall be plying.

So...that's been my week.  I haven't been busy at all ;-)  Not at all.  Share your adventures in Fiber Arts!
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to    
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!&nbspdecoration: underline;">leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs




19 comments:

  1. What a delightful week you've had! Your sock is so cute and cheerful. Love your fibre blend, like apple blossom... and the cormo, oh that's definitely on my list to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright new socks and yarn...just what we need to offset these grey days! XO-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that heart on the heel is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I have seen the heart socks. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Fiber Arts Friday! That first bobbin is so shiny! and the mauve fiber looks super soft. I've got a 1/2 Cormo fleece that I need to comb and spin. I really like how soft it is. Your socks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lurv the Love Socks, such an adorable idea, and yours are looking super!
    Thanks for hosting.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sock, so colorful! And the spinning you've done is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the heart sock!! Someday I will learn to do this kind of awesome colorwork. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always getting M1L and M1R mixed up - maybe someday I, too, will learn.
    I thought about making those socks, too - I love it with the varigated yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those socks are fabulous
    thanks for sharing
    martine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Your socks are great. Beautiful spinning, I am going to put cormo on my must try list

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with MarmePurl - this is the first time I've seen the heart sock. Yours is looking quite fine. And of course the spinning is awesome as it alway is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For some reason Mr. Linky is not working for me today. But your heart sock is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrea! Your heart socks are adorable! Great idea and lovely colours! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  15. very beautiful, nice socks. And the heart on the heel is great!. Thanks for hosting. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea putting the heart on the heel of the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I've linked up as Marie. I am looking forward to learning and sharing. Cute socks!

    ReplyDelete