Friday, March 1, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday - The Waters Edge

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Another wonderful week has passed and I feel like I've spent every free moment I've had knitting.  This may be the first week in ages where I didn't spin any yarn.  Yesh!  You read that correctly.  My poor spinning wheel was neglected...but with good reason.  I was knitting with my handspun!

I've made quite a bit of progress on my The Waters Edge shawl.  I just can't get over the fact that I'm still increasing.  Yikes!


 When I started the color change, the pattern requires you to create a wave where I use short rows with wraps.  I totally started to freak out thinking I was wrapping wrong.  I do love camera phones.  With a few simple sentences and a photo, I was able to contact the pattern designer and we talked through what I was doing...which was knitting it like I should.  Hooray!
 I am totally into knitting this shawl...but I promised my wheel I would give it some love this weekend.  Now share your adventures in Fiber Arts! I do apologize if I didn't comment on your blog posts last week.  I was having issues with leaving comments that required authentication.  Hopefully all will return to normal this week.
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to    
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!&nbspdecoration: underline;">leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs



17 comments:

  1. Your shawl is looking great, I really like the colors. It's nice that you could get some clarification on the technique. It can be a bit nerve wracking when you're not sure if what you're doing, repeatedly is correct. I've neglected my wheel for an extended period of time and need some motivation to get back at it. Do you know where I could find some? LOL Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your colour choices, can't wait to see the finished item! I started using Japanese short-rows where you don't w&t but lift up the bar from the previous row of the next stitch and k2t... it's hard to explain but there are YouTube videos out there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl looks lovely, thanks for hosting.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water's Edge is looking good.

    I just love that we live in a time where we can contact a designer when we need help on a project. I've done it several times myself.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those colors a lot. So pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking great....can' wait to see the color changes in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for using handspun!!!! Your shawl is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking gorgeous :) One day I will have handspun that is worth knitting with, I dream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy fluffy friday:-)
    martine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just checked out The Waters Edge shawl pattern. What a lovely shawl and I can see why you are enjoying it. Looking forward to seeing the finished shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors in your shawl!! Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shawl is looking good. I need to find more patterns for handspun yarn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your handspun looks gorgeous, I will have to go check out this pattern. I hope things are going well on the farm, spring is in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the Waters Edge and am always impressed with your handspun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy you figured it out with the designers help. I love the purple

    ReplyDelete