Friday, November 22, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday - It's that time! WAFA Sale

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Can you believe that we are one week away from Thanksgiving.  I have so much to be thankful for and every day it includes all of my fiber arts friends.  Yesterday I spent the afternoon helping set up the 2013 WAFA Sale for the weavers guild.  I have to admit that it's hard not to shop while helping to set up (although I did try on a gorgeous knitted mohair/wool vest that I vowed I would purchase if it was still there tonight when I work)

I took about 40 skeins of my handspun and about 20 finished woven and knitted items.  Yikes!  How did I create so many items?  Oh yeah, I'm obsessed.  That being said, here are the projects for this week.

This week, I ignored the fingerless mitts and my KAL Cowl and focused on spinning this delicious yarn.  80/10/10 SWMerino/Cashmere/Nylon.  I absolutely LOVE it!  396 yards/4.4 oz 2 ply. I am calling it Sport Weight.  It's almost fingering.  She called this colorway Acid Wash and I'm going to leave that name on the yarn.  I'm thinking an infinity scarf would really show off this yarn.

I also spun a fabulous batt made by jazzturtle creations called Bohama Breeze.  OMG!  It was so full of texture and fun and totally different from any batt I've ever spun before.  LOVED LOVED LOVED it!  As a fiber artist, it is always a delight and experience to knit with someone else's handspun or spin from someone else's batt.  You learn so much.  I left my comfort zone and got my "wild" on.

I also cast on Cordell the Owl.  I'm only giving you a sneak peak.  Next week...he'll be finished.

Finally, I ended up with a day off of work on Monday due to the fierce storm that passed through the Great Lakes region Sunday.  We had a few trees down but luckily no structure damage.  Only one pasture had issues and that was an inner fence.  Our 27 foot travel trailer moved.  I said a foot but I was exaggerating.  There was movement though.  Anyways, a day off of work meant more soap making and a finished woven scarf...that is now at the WAFA sale hopefully being sold.  I'm calling this scarf Christmas Countdown.

Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts!
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


14 comments:

  1. Wow so busy!!!! Love the scarf! Perfect for Christmas. I love the colours in your new yarn. They work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very busy! I love the Acid Wash looks great, look forward to seeing it knit up :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your little owl. I am a bit obsessed with owls, as they were my best sellers (nearly only sales) at a fair last night. So I am setting about making some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great finishes! Love the scarf...and owls always rule!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I love your handspuns, the art yarn is amazing! I have yet to try anything that adventurous, maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 40 skeins of handspun... available for sale? You have been busy. Have a great sale this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing! Everything you make is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bohama Breeze! That is beyond gorgeous! I love it so much. You are A-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always cool to pop over here to browse, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It ate my comment! I was waxing poetic about all the lovelies on your blog today. Love the owl, and the scarf is festive and lovely. Your yarn, as always, it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...you have been busy!!!! Your yarn is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Doll,
    I am inviting you to join my $30 certificate giveaway
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/11/dressale-30-certificate-giveaway.html?m=0
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete