Friday, November 15, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday - Short Long Week

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  This week has gone on forever even though it was a short work week.  Not having to work on Monday, I thought I would get my loom warped without the kids being at home but instead I worked on cleaning the house and getting my soaps ready. Productive but not in the way I intended.

Over the weekend, I cast on a pair of fingerless mitts.  It's the second time I've knit this pattern which is free on Ravelry.  I am still insecure about my cables so a simple pattern showcasing my handspun seemed like the perfect project.  I only have a couple of stitches to worry about and the rest is knitting.

I also started to spin some amazing fiber from my friend Emily at Fiber Addiction.  It's 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon and absolutely delicious to spin.


 I really need to get my loom(s) warped.  A friend fixed the dropped stitches on my KAL Cowl so I hope to pick up speed getting it finished before the end of the month.  Apparently, I dropped more rows than I thought.  Yikes!  More rows were dropped than I thought and they went into the lace so I'm glad that I put it down and let a lace knitter fix.  I even learned a bit. Hopefully I will have progress to show next week. Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts!
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


16 comments:

  1. That yarn looks absolutely scrummy! I had a dream about spinning last night and am so keen to get back on the wheel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those gloves - what gorgeous autumn colours! That fibre and your spinning look beautiful too. Do you have plans for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to wait until the yarn is complete then see how many yards I get.

      Delete
  3. Wow you are busy! Love the yarn, the colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luuurve your spinning, it's stunning! The fingerless mitts are so cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors in your yarn!!! I would not use that pattern to work on cables. There should be a rest row in between the twists. As in a row where you knit the knits and purl the purls, without anymore twisting of the stitches. This pattern is free and has a gentle twist going up the mitt. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/moms-cabled-mitts

    ReplyDelete
  6. man, that spinning is gorgeous!....I've never thought about lace knitters being a special breed. are knitters that LOVE the cables "lace knitters" as well or we cable kntiters? Either way, I'm glad you found a nice friend to help you out and good for him/her for figuring it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may be of the opinion that all yarn should have cashmere.... or alpaca in it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried lace a few times and just couldn't get into the charts and counting. I've been a bit more successful with cables, but I think I prefer getting textures using a combination of k and p stitches.
    I think though, in small projects, I could grasp either. Your fingerless mitts are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lace knitting! Though I do use a crazy amount of stitch markers. That fiber in the last photo is so pretty and fun! Your photos are always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I love that spin - just yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm envious of your spinning abilities - that fiber looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how those mitts are looking knitted up with your handspun. Such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mitts look cosy and warm, just right for autumn/winter. Lovely colours in your handspun too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those mitts, and that yarn is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete