Friday, December 13, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday - Buy Local

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Tomorrow is the Buy Local Art Show at the Kalamazoo Nature Center and I will be vending again.  I've been busy getting all of the finished goods I've completed over the last few weeks priced so that I can set up my booth this afternoon.

I managed to get a couple more items completed that will be for sale. First, I knitted this slouch hat from a pattern called Graham.  I'm using more of my Buccaneer Alpaca yarn along with a bit of handspun to break up the color.  I am loving this hat.

Next, I wove not one but two scarves.  I used the same base yarn as last week which included my Black Huacaya yarn.  For both of these scarves I used a slightly different weaving pattern by including a pick up stick which added additional texture to both scarves.

Whew!  Seriously, I wish I had this energy all year long instead of the month before a show. Now that the final show of the year is here, I can finally think about gifts.  I need to knit a few ornaments before the end of next week.  Yikes!  Tune in next week to see what I accomplish.  As always, thank you for visiting my blog and Fiber Arts Friday!
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


14 comments:

  1. Stay warm and have fun and I hope you have great success tomorrow! (If you see Dawn, give her a hug for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the show! Make sure you leave some time to make something special for yourself too :)
    Gorgeous hat and lovely scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat, I may have to try and make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *really* need to learn to use my Cricket loom in 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great show! Graham looks like a great stashbuster for me. I love how yours came out.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your show. As always, lovely items all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scarves.... again. :-) Have a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you were industrious!! I love the texture in the scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great show tomorrow! Hope you'll have time to relax a bit and make something for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all three of the project! So great! Good luck at the show tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have an amazingly fun show - those scarves are great!
    And then relax and have a drink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice scarves. Your hat would be expensive, so don't put too low a price on it.

    ReplyDelete