Friday, December 20, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday - Twas less than a week from Christmas

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Whew, with less than a week before Christmas how has your holiday knitting, weaving, crochet, sewing, spinning, felting, quilting, etc. been going?  What!  Are you like me and just casting on yet another project to gift?  Hopefully not.

This week I have a couple of projects to share and one that will have to wait until next week.  First, I want to thank everyone locally who braved the wicked winter roads to attend the Buy Local Arts show last weekend.  It was a fantastic show and a perfect way to end the year.

I finished a couple of projects this week.  After the show ended on Saturday, it meant that I needed to cast on the ornament needed for Tuesdays exchange at work.  Actually, it wasn't until we got home from seeing The Desolation of Smaug (be still my Hobbit heart, it was a super awesome movie), that I cast on my Christmas Mouse.  We ended up playing an exchange game with a lot of trading to the right and to the left where I ended up with a cute store bought santa and a co-worker ended up with my mouse. I knit during lunch every day so it was night to gift yet another co-worker one of my creation.

Lego wanted to keep this gift...but he didn't get his way 
I also finished knitting another Graham hat.  This time I used my handspun yarn called Thor. It was part of my Avengers batt series from last year and the last of the yarn that matched Grumpy's woven scarf from last Christmas.  I finished it last night and hurried to get my model before she went to bed.  I still need to block it out so the look will change with a bit more slouch when it's done.

I have one more project on the needles that will/better be done by Christmas since it's a gift.  I'm ignoring my loom until I finish my KAL Cowl I was working on in October.  Long holiday weekend don't fail me now.   As always, thank you for stopping by. and sharing your adventures in Fiber Arts.
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs




8 comments:

  1. Thor is wonderful!! Have a terrific Christmas, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that mouse. Seriously! Your hat is super awesome too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your lovely followers!
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2013/12/two-missoni-inspired-chevron-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good show, in spite of the weather. That mouse is adorable. :-)

    My knitted gifts are finished and wrapped. Whew. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pups would have the poor mouse flat and strewn around the room in no time flat. Your pup is so much more well behaved. Cute items all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with the others - that mouse is way too cute. I've got a shawl I need to finish before the end of the year. It's gonna be close, close, close. :)

    Merry Christmas to you and Grumpy and the Bears and all the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and family!!
    - love the mouse and the hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mice! That is such a cute ornament

    ReplyDelete