Friday, May 9, 2014

Fiber Arts Friday - Week 19 2014

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!  It's Mother's Day Weekend so I'll start by wishing all of my fiber arts friends who are mothers, grandmothers, awesome aunts and all around wonderful female role models an amazing weekend!  Hopefully someone you loves gives you that favorite skein of yarn, bump of roving or fiber producing animal for your special day.  Better yet, they made you something.

This week, I took my WIP slaying to the loom.  After feeling the weight off of my shoulders from frogging my knitted WIPs, I decided to clean up my small Cricket loom and complete another cowl.

I also finally got through the disaster on my big loom and found inspiration to weave away on the warp I started back in November.  This fabric is to go with another fabric I wove last October.  My goal is to have enough yardage to sew a skirt.  I have ideas in my head....making them a reality is the challenge.  I'm using different techniques with this fabric and although the warp is the same colors as the last red/gray/yellow warp, I have a different sequence plus totally different weaving techniques.  It will be interesting once completed, to put it together with the other fabric.  Maybe it's not meant to be a skirt.  I guess I need to finish the few yards of fabric to find out.

This was also an amazing week for me because one of my woven projects made the front page on Ravelry. It was in the Eye Candy featuring Nerd Wars.  WOOT! I tried to take a screen shot of the page but it's 5am and I'm technically challenged without coffee ;-)  

I'm still enjoying the beautiful sunshine and warm weather here in Michigan so this post will be short and sweet.  I look forward to reading about all of your adventures.  Thank you for linking in.  Happy Mother's Day!

Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs





12 comments:

  1. Congrats again on making front page on Ravelry! Our own celebrity ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely weaving, look forward to seeing more. And kudos for the Ravelry coup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few, ok, many, sweater wips hidden away that I need to just frog! Maybe you have given me that push I needed. Plus, it's rainy here, so no going anywhere today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making the front page!!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so exciting about being on the front page of Ravelry! Can I have your autograph?
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so exciting to see your weaving on the front page this week! I was so happy for you when I saw it. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous weaving! I love the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever thought about selling finished objects in your Etsy shop? I have really loved a few pieces and would be interested in owning one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do post them in my shop but they don't last long. Any time you see something, please feel free to message me.

      Delete
  9. Love, love, love that top scarf project. Oh, and I did I say I LOVE it?!!!

    When I initially logged in to Rav this week and saw the post about Nerd Wars, before even looking at the projects I instantly thought of you. They got that right this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the green scarf ... one day I'll try my loom again! I tried a few years back and my selvidges were embarrassingly bad :(

    ReplyDelete