Friday, May 16, 2014

Fiber Arts Friday - Week 20 2014

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday!  Another week has slipped past us.  This week I'm still working on the same weaving and spinning projects as last week...and the week before.  Since I warped my loom with about 8 yards of yarn, it's going to take me awhile to weave it.  Each night I weave about 12-20 inches.  Slow progress but progress none-the-less.  I'm using a few different weights of yarn including a lot of my handspun for the actually weaving.  You will see locks of fiber every so often too.  It's not Alpaca.  It's some Mohair that was given to me.  Sometimes I weave the locks in tight and other times, I let it stick out.  I can't wait to see how it looks when the fabric is relaxed off of the loom.


I'm also spinning 8oz of my Metallica roving.  This is going to be a light fingering weight when completed.  It's taking forever to spin the singles.  I might have about 5oz done so far.  Slow progress but totally wonderful to spin.

Now share your adventures in Fiber Arts!
Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs


4 comments:

  1. I believe I gasped when I read 12-20 inches per night is slow progress. ;-)

    Everytime I read about your weaving, I dream of mine... with no clear sight of when I'll be able to get that baby set up. :-/

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does seem like a lot of weaving! I am loving the fabric so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the metallica. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Metallica. Seriously Love. Did I mention blue is my favorite color?? :)

    ReplyDelete