Friday, June 6, 2014

Fiber Arts Friday - Week 23 2014

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Fiber Arts Friday is here!  Where did the last week go?  Yikes.  It was full of color, yarn and fleeces for me.  I started two new yarns this week.  I'm still not in the knitting zone and my loom really hasn't called to me either but my wheel sings a beautiful song.

One bobbin on my wheel is a Huacaya Alpaca/Merino blend that i created a few years ago.  I found 4oz of it hidden in a pile.  I'm going to ply it with a skein of my Suri Alpaca.

Another skein, which is now finish, is a coiled yarn from fiber I dyed.  The core is cotton and the coiled fiber is 100% BFL that I dyed myself.  5.1 oz, 62 yards.

Don't forget that the Tour de Fleece is coming up soon.  I will be the Captain of The Team Wonder Why Fiber  again.  Join in our fun.  We are a Wild Card team and have decided that instead of having a thread in the main Tour de Fleece Group, we would keep the chatter and fun in the Wonder Why Fiber Arts Group.  Come join us and have fun spinning.

I participated in Run or Dye with my daughter last Saturday.  I'm referring to the day as "Revenge of my Yarn".  I now know what a skein of yarn feels like getting doused with color.  The 5K was a blast.  We are already signed up for another Color Run in August.

Finally, I visited a friend's farm over the weekend and left with about 50 Suri Alpaca fleeces.  I'm in Alpaca heaven.  I will be very busy over the next few weeks sorting fiber for yarn and roving.  Woot!

Now, share your adventures in Fiber Arts!  Thank you for joining each week, sharing your blog and commenting.

Fiber Arts Friday ! 
To participate:
  1. Submit your blog article using your current blog address NOT your complete blog  i.e. you would submit 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/e-i-e-i-doh.html  
NOT 
http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com
 Link back to Fiber Arts Friday from your post so that your readers can come and see everyone else’s projects! Text link to  WISDOM BEGINS IN WONDER!   
  1. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what helps us all connect!
Check out these wonderful blogs



5 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Your coils are over the moon gorgeous! You've been a busy girl as always. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your spinning posts!! What a week you have had :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're having way too much fibery fun! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 50 new fleeces?!? You ARE in heaven. :-)

    No post for me this week... just not coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy bat alpaca fleeces - 50!!!!!! Perhaps a lovely fall shawl in your future? :)

    I am so swamped with projects I can barely write a blog post ... but I did, as well as post a few piccies. I saw you and your daughter's colorful photos on Instagram - looked like a lot of colorful fun.

    ReplyDelete